I am so excited to be nominated for this award. It’s my first nomination and it totally made my day! I love it when people leave comments on my blog and like my posts because it overjoys me. So getting nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award? It thrills me. You cannot believe how enthusiastic I am right now!
This award was originally created by Eve at Edge of Night to lift spirits in the blogosphere and to make bloggers everywhere feel like they are a part of a community. It honors me to be nominated for such a lovely award, so, many thanks to Sho at ShoShow for the nomination!
Here are the rules!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
I started Book Whizz on December 2014. It was just one of those rainy nights where you have nothing better to do than stay indoors and be lazy. I was bored and wasn’t in the mood to pick up a book, so I just browsed the internet and looked at publisher websites, Goodreads profiles, and book blogs. I really enjoyed looking at the book blogs with their catchy blog titles, creative themes, and awesome book reviews. I looked at comments in blogs, read multiple book reviews, and stalked tags and realized that I loved the sense of community that everyone had with each other. Everyone respected each other’s opinions about books and everyone just seemed so content talking about the one thing they love – books. I kept thinking about that before I went to sleep, and when I woke up the next morning, I had decided to start a book blog.
Starting out was tough, because I had no idea what to do first. I had so many questions, but no one to ask. Naturally, I went to Google. I found so many blog posts that were targeted toward new bloggers. I was inspired by so many blogs and started working on my theme and writing my first book review. After one month, my blog was officially complete. I would make small changes and edits every once in a while, and I would also add features to spice up my blog every so often. I practiced writing book reviews, and over time, I got better at expressing my opinion. I learned how to multitask and schedule things – all thanks to blogging.
Although, this is only my seventh month blogging and I’m not exactly a book whiz, (see what I did there?) I’d like to give some advice to new bloggers so that they can easily learn the ropes of the blogosphere.
- Blog for yourself. Don’t blog because you want free books or everyone is doing it. Do what you want to do. Be yourself while blogging. People read your blog because they like what you say, not what anybody else says.
- Stats Don’t Matter. This is almost the same idea as the point above, but I just want to cement this point. Stats do not matter. Blog because you have a passion for books, blog because you love writing book reviews, blog because you love interacting with others. However, don’t blog to brag to others about how you have this many followers and that many viewers. It really doesn’t matter. What matters is doing what you love.
- Be consistent. You can have a consistent theme that compliments your blog in general, consistent timing in posting your book reviews, or just be consistent in what you post! If you like fashion, center your blog on that; if you like anime, center your blog on that; if you like books, then center your blog on that!
Time for the nominations! I went into the deep reaches of the blogosphere to find these 15 spectacular blogs which deserve recognition!
- Christina, “My Guilty Obsession“
- Brooke, “Brooke’s Bibliophilic Babblings“
- Cody-Leigh, “Literary-ly Obsessed“
- HannahCassie & Laura, “P.S. I Love That Book!“
- Claudia Victoria, “Pen Markings“
- Jessica, “The Psychotic Nerd“
- Lettora, “I’m Booked!“
- “Book Olympus“
- Sondra & Polina, “Sorcery in the Bookshelves“
- Morgan, “Hopeless Book Addict“
- Brigit, “Escape Inside the Pages“
- Cristina, “Girl in the Pages“
- Niki Hawkes, “The Obsessive Bookseller“
- Kayla, “The Bookish Owl“
- Faye, “The Social Potato“
You guys totally deserve this award, congratulations!